Sunday, August 14, 2011

About to be a mommy...

It seems a little strange, that tonight I'll go to bed pregnant and tomorrow night I'll go to bed a new mommy. It seemed like the time was dragging the last nine months, but now that it's here it seems like yesterday i was puking my guts out at 2-17 weeks pregnant. :] (glad that's over with) Guess when your sick for half of your pregnancy the second half seems to go a lot faster. Jake and I are super excited! Although we were realizing yesterday that we have no idea how to be a mom or dad, and that this new little baby is going to be more of a challenge than we thought. "you'll figure it out" everyone tells us, and i hope that's true! Jake already has that protective dad thing going on, i find it quite cute, i like that I'm not the only one over- obsessing about the baby, makes me feel a little bit normal, which is saying a lot about a woman who is 40 + weeks pregnant. I know he'll make a great dad, i can tell by how excited he is. Even though i think he tries to hide it as much as he can. :] I'm really bummed that i had to go over my due date, but I'm more comfortable than i thought I'd be, i mean a week ago i was running up all 3 flights of my apartment stairs, although, i think this week the baby is much lower, so that's a no go now. The doctor said that he wanted to give me the weekend to see if the baby will go on his own, But I've had contractions without dilating for the last 3 weeks so i don't expect much to happen, but can you really know? So unless the little man decides tomorrow isn't soon enough, I'll be started at 7:30am! I begged my doctor for the last 2 weeks to start me, i thought being started would be so much less stressful. Having a plan and knowing how many days are left till I finally deliver, sounded like less stress to me, but i think it did the opposite, I'm a big nervous stress ball now. I've learned something new about myself, the less i know the better! :] I just hope everything goes well, and that baby is healthy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to be a great mommy! Jake will be a great daddy! I'm so excited for you two and can't wait to see pictures! Best of luck to you tomorrow!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.